“Every college and university in the nation should have a strong, substantive, explicit, functional linkage with schools in its geographical area.” David Hamburg, President, The Carnegie Corporation of America.
Campus-based mentoring supports good citizenship. When mentoring programs combine work in the community with training and reflection, mentoring becomes a “real life” learning experience and a first step in a life-long commitment to service.
BENEFITS OF MENTORING TO COLLEGES:
- More effective research, teaching, and college service
- Higher rates of retention
- Stronger commitment to an academic career
- Greater sense of ownership and commitment to one’s institution
- Stronger friendships and more extensive collegial networks
- Webuye West Technical Training Institute
- Kiminini Technical Training Institute
- Bungoma North Technical Training Institute
- Loima (Turkana County) Technical Training Institute
- Turkana North Technical Training Institute